Written By: Emme Duncan | Photography By: Emeritus
For the new guesthouse and eatery Greydon House, opening at the corner of Federal and Broad Streets this summer, Matthew MacEachern and his team at Emeritus took an existing historic Greek revival structure built in 1850 and moved it to its current site. With an added three-story Second Empire style addition, the building will house a 22-room boutique hotel complete with restaurant, lounge and managers quarters.
Emeritus approached this project with the intention of creating a building that would look as though it had always been in that location. The exterior detailing is meticulously designed to be historically accurate, while nodding subtly to the future. Details include hand-painted and fired tiles from Portugal and custom-designed and fabricated light fixtures by Roman and Williams.
To learn more about Emeritus, visit their website here.
To learn more about Greydon House, visit their website here.